REEPHAM DENTAL PRACTICE TO RE- OPEN !
We hope this message finds you well.
Firstly, I would like to say a big thank you to you all for your patience during these extraordinary times.
We have some good news regarding opening of our practice from 29th June and our new protocols in relation to Covid -19.
We are pleased to announce that the practice will be opening on 29th June. This will be a “phased re-opening.” We will begin seeing patients with urgent needs (those of you who have been “holding on” so patiently with problems). We will start with simple treatments mostly not involving use of the drill. We will then start doing routine things such as check-ups and hand scaling. Eventually we will begin to do more treatment using the drill (the timing of this will be governed by the disease alert levels and availability of protective equipment).
Whilst many things have changed, we want to reassure you that we remain fully committed to your safety.
At Reepham Dental Centre we have always maintained the highest standards of infection control and are adopting a brand new infection control protocol In light of regulations concerning COVID-19.
We would like to inform you of changes we need to implement to reduce the risk to you, your families and to our staff.
In accordance with the advice, initially we will be offering appointments to those patients who have been in pain or have had to contact us for emergency treatment during the lockdown.
Dentistry will have to adapt to the new environment in which we live, and as such, we will be making all the necessary changes that are required to keep both our patients and our staff safe.
• Patients will be called the day before the appointment to complete our Covid-19 screening report verbally.
• We very kindly ask patients not to come early for appointments and to stay outside the practice and please call the receptionist upon arrival on 01603 871771. Our receptionist will then greet you at the practice door.
• Inside the practice the patient’s temperature will be taken. Patients with temperatures above 37.8˚C will be rescheduled. Please do not take any paracetamol prior to the appointment as this makes the readings inaccurate.
• Please maintain recommended social distancing guidelines whilst in the waiting areas.
• Only the patient will be allowed in the practice, so we respectfully request that you attend on your own (please call us on 01603 871771 if you need to attend with a dependant)
• Increased time slots booked off for each appointment so as to give us even more time for cross-infection control between appointments and to reduce the numbers of patients at the practice at any one time. This means we are unable to see as many patients in a day as before, so again ask you to be patient with us.
• New sneeze-guard screen at the reception desk to protect patient and staff alike
• Our Staff will be wearing optimum graded PPE during all treatments. We request, if possible that patients wear a mask upon arrival at the practice, which should remain in place while they are in the reception area and until they are inside the surgery for treatment.
• We kindly ask Patients to sanitise their hands using our hand sanitisers upon arrival and when leaving the practice
• All of our team members will be fully health screened before each of their shifts.
• Staff will receive ongoing training in the best management of Covid-19
• We follow the most stringent guidelines regarding your safety from Covid-19 and in keeping with these guidelines we will always wear the most optimum graded PPE available including masks, face shields and disposable gowns or aprons. We will look very different, but fear not we are the same friendly people underneath and will endeavour to give you the same excellent care we always have.
• Patients asked to bring only essential items and to attend the practice alone.
• Payments made by credit/debit card if possible.
• No magazines in the waiting room and the soft furnishing will be removed.
• All door handles, iPads, card machine, and other communal surfaces will be regularly wiped down in line with our rigorous Covid-19 prevention procedures.
• During the pandemic we respectfully ask that you do not use the toilet. If this is not possible then please first ask one of us, so we know and can carry out a thorough disinfect afterwards. Also always only flush with the lid down.
To cover the extra costs of the extra PPE and extra measures we need to take we will be charging surgharges; for each appointmen tnot requiring the drill, ultrasonic scaler etc a charge of £7.00 will be made and for each appointment needing the drill, ultrasonic etc a charge of £40 will be made. We stress that this is so we treat you safely.
Unfortunately, the virus is still a threat. However, we follow the most rigorous universal precautions to minimise any transmission risks.
Best wishes and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
All the best from all at Reepham Dental Centre